Aviation Merit/Activity Badge at Doylestown Airport, October 13th, 2018
1. Participating Scouts must be age 13 or older by the event date. Please be prepared to work, there is an eight page workbook that must be completed to obtain the merit badge.
2. You must receive a response with a Slot Number to be registered for the event. In order to avoid disappointment, do not show up the day of the event and expect to be admitted.
3. Class A Uniform is the standard for the day.
4. A Scout does not have to fly to obtain the Merit Badge, but in that case, we offer a partial credit for the badge, with work to be completed at a later date in order to fulfill the requirements of the Merit Badge.
5. DPA will be providing lunch with hot-dogs, hamburgers, chips, cookies, and a drink lunch at no charge.
How to register:
1. The participating Scout must have a signed BSA Activity Form.
The form is available on the internet: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/19-673.pdf
The form must be signed by both parents or guardians or a note enclosed with a reason why it could not.
2. Fill out the form making sure we know how to get in touch with you by e-mail or telephone.
3. Mail or scan and e-mail the completed form by October 7, 2018 to:
DPA – Aviation Merit Badge
571 Creek Road
Hartsville, PA 18974
Preferably, contact me by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to be in the program. If you can’t scan (a good cellphone shot will do) and e-mail the signed form, you must bring the form with you to be allowed on non-public portion of the airport and to fly if you want your Scout be able to complete the flying portion of the Merit Badge.
4. Somebody from DPA will contact you, informing you of your acceptance into the program. We will also contact you if we run out of space in the program.
5. We have space for 50 Scouts and anticipate the program will fill quickly. Please don’t delay until the last minute to avoid disappointment.
Warminster, Troop 200
Doylestown Pilot Association